Today is Giving Tuesday. For the prosperity of our communities it is essential that we give positive and loving energy whenever we can. Today we are focusing on five easy ways we can give. Give time; give love; give money; give clothes; give in any way you can. When you give, you make room to receive.
- Give your old clothes. We all have items lying around that we no longer wear or use. Cleaning out your closet is a good way to let go of the old and make room for the new. I just discovered this company that will pay for your shipping label, and you can send all of your old clothes and they will donate them to the homeless. Visit their website here.
- Volunteer your time. Find a local animal shelter, senior's home, or youth center and donate your attention and your time. You can find somewhere to volunteer here.
- Send necessary items to the people protesting in Standing Rock. If you don't know what is going on there please inform yourself by googling it and reading up on the current situation. Good vibes are welcome too. Items can be sent to Sacred Stone Camp P.O. Box 1011, Fort Yates, ND 58538. Some suggestions: firewood, gas cards, sleeping bags, propane, solar chargers, and tents. You can find a full list of supplies they need here.
- Doll Face Club is currently collecting blankets to hand out to the homeless in San Diego. If you are in the area you can drop them off in person, or you can order a blanket online (Amazon, target, world market), and have it sent to them. For more details on how to get involved you can contact Klea on instagram or facebook.
- Put together bags for the homeless that you can keep in your car for when you come across someone begging or sleeping on the streets. Ideas for what to put in the bags: toothbrush/toothpaste, granola bars, bottled water, socks, vitamins, sunglasses, and wet wipes. You can also easily gather supplies at your local dollar store.